There’s too much backstory to this to really do it justice in few words, but I’ll try: Curt Shilling of bloody sock in the World Series fame takes a whole bunch of state funded money to create a games studio and enlists A-listers from across disciplines to pen the story, do the artwork, compose the music etc. As a fledgling studio it seems they bite off way more than they can chew in pursuit of perfection and run the entire endeavor into eventual bankruptcy. The game does only just release and to critical acclaim at that, but players are hesitant to support a MMORPG in dire financial straits with no promise it will even be around the next month, or even next day. Fast forward 8 years, and the Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-reckoning is set to pick up the pieces of what was, by all accounts, a very good game released at the wrong time, or perhaps under the wrong cloud of uncertainty.
This time THQ Nordic is publishing the re-release. The game is available for PC, PS4, and Xbox One includes the base game and all DLC, with a new DLC expansion, Fatesworn, to release later in 2021. The game is $40, there is a 50% discount for PC only if you have the original in your Steam library. There is a version that pre-orders the Fatesworn DLC for $54, and there is a Collector’s Edition for $110 if you’re into collectibles like the 20cm figurine, keychain, custom artwork, soundtrack, and collector’s box. The game is out now, so if you want to see what all the rave reviews were on about from 8 years ago, now’s the time to go in for all this (and hopefully a thriving player base to keep it going, fingers crossed):
- Build the ideal character for the most intense combat, choosing from a countless combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor
- The revolutionary Destiny system allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play
- Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills
- Extend your experience in Amalur with all DLC from the original release, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
- Hundreds of hours of RPG play await! Travel from the vibrant city of Rathir, to the vast region of Dalentarth, and the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns as you uncover the secrets of Amalur!
- Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore
- Enjoy countless side quests rich in political intrigue, romance, sinister magic, and even whimsy – all central to the primary mission
- Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death
- Explore a sprawling game world hailed as having “more content than any single-player game deserves!”
- Improved graphical fidelity in Re-Reckoning
Title: The highest rated game of 2012 that nobody played, available now – heed the re-reckoning of the Kingdoms of Amalur
Sourced From: www.gamingnexus.com/News/44967/The-highest-rated-game-of-2012-that-nobody-played2c-available-now—heed-the-re-reckoning-of-the-Kingdoms-of-Amalur/
Did you miss our previous article…